Andhra Lemon Rice Recipe:
(Category: Indian Rice Recipes)
|<--This is a Vegetarian Recipe
Recipe Rating: 3.28
|Click to Print This Recipe-->|
1. Rice- 2 cups
2. Onion- 1
3. Fresh Lemons – 1
4. Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
5. Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
6. Green chilly- 3
7. Dry red chilly-2
8. Turmeric – pinch
9. Asafoetida – pinch
10. Curry leaves- few
11. Whole Peanuts- 1/2 cup
12. Coriander leaves- few
13. Oil – 5 tsp
14. Salt to taste.
1. Cook rice separately.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan.
3. Fry peanuts until light brown, put
all the peanuts on the rice.
4. Put mustard and cumin seeds into
5. Once the cumin seeds start
becoming brown, add onions and
green chillies in to the oil, saute well.
6. Add turmeric, red chilly and
Asafoetida into the oil. Mix well and
switch off the stove.
7. Immediately add curry leaves.
8. Mix Lemon juice, salt and the
sauted mixture to the rice.
9.Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Coconut chutney
(Recipe Submitted by: Mythreyi Dilip)
|<--Email this Recipe to a Friend!|